Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
It’s a classic, but with a kick and well worth it. You can also make this gluten free by substituting out the gluten-filled ingredients, for gluten free ones.
Of course the “kick” is totally optional, especially if you have kids:
- 100 grams butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- OPTIONAL : 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (for a kick!)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 cups boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease an ovenproof dish (one that will roughly hold 5-6 cups).
- OR you can grease ramekins and make them individually.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cocoa and cornflour for the chocolate sauce (this will be called the dry sauce mixture).
- Combine the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla together, and beat until combined and creamed.
- Add the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (including the chilli flakes if you want) and fold into the creamed mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the dish and sprinkle with the dry sauce mixture
- Next you need to carefully pour over the boiling water – hold a spoon upside down over the pudding and pour the water over it to stop splashing.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until it springs back when lightly touched
- Once ready, serve and dust lightly with icing sugar and serve with fresh berries