Oat & Raisin Biscuits
These biscuits won’t disappoint at all. I used to make a batch of these each week, and they were a HUGE hit in our house. You can store them in the cupboard or in the freezer and pull out as you need. They’re soft, chewy and seriously the type of biscuit dreams are made of:
- 113g softened butter (around 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 TBSP vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plus 2 TBSP Flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Add the vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the flour
- Add the raisins, and oatmeal and mix together.
- Drop tablespoons (or use a cookie dough scoop) of dough onto a lined baking tray.
- Flatten slightly before baking.
- Bake for 10 mins, or until the biscuits are lightly browned – you want them soft and chewy.
- Remove from oven and let them cool until warm enough to eat.
Store in an airtight container in the pantry or freezer. Should last a week outside of the freezer, and obviously longer in the freezer.
PIN ME & SHARE THE LOVE: