CONFESSIONS OF A MUM
Here are some very honest and open confessions of a Mum – ME! Maria from Happy Mum Happy Child. Remember, I’m a Mum just like you. I make mistakes, and I’m ok because I learn from them. I’m also not perfect, just like everyone else HAHA ????
- Sometimes I let my kids fight and don’t intervene – not to teach them a lesson, but in the hopes it will tire them out and they will go to bed easier
- I make lunches for both my 4 year old AND my 2 year old (even though he doesn’t go to Kindy or Daycare) so that I don’t have to make snacks / meals during the day
- I don’t care as much about the sugar content of food as I probably should (but I still like learning!)
- Sometimes I cut pieces of bread with a pair of scissors instead of a knife
- I don’t bathe my kids every day
- I let my kids play on the iPad at the end of the day, to help them “wind down”
- My kids have seen me drink alcohol. Or as I call it “Mummy’s drink”
- I am very strict, and when I set a rule, I stick to it
- I tried to get my 6 month old girl to pat our cat, and the cat returned the favour by swiping her eye – the result of which is a permanent scar under one of her eyes ????
- My kids get a treat when we go grocery shopping – not always chocolate too!
- I don’t like my kids playing with paint or play dough, because it creates a mess (doesn’t mean I don’t let them!)
- I don’t change my kids’ bed sheets every week
- I once screamed and yelled and stomped my feet at the kids because I was over them fighting, and needed to get their attention
- I buy toys under the pretence that they’re for my kids – but really I just wanted them
- I once punched our fridge (in the throws of PND)
- I left my 6 month old baby to cry for 40 mins once, thinking she would cry herself to sleep. WRONG.
- I’m not very good at “imaginary play”
- I swear around my kids
- Sometimes I forget to brush my teeth
- I pretend I need to go to the toilet, just so I can have 5 minutes to myself
- I pretend to not know what I’m vacuuming up, but really I know it’s toys and lego. ALWAYS.
- I don’t do as much home baking as I should, because I worry I will eat it
- I much prefer a toddler to a newborn baby
- I always tell my kids far too in advance about the things they are going to do, and they always get upset because we aren’t doing it at that very moment – I CAN’T HELP MYSELF
- If I could do it all again (all four years of it HA!), I wouldn’t change a thing
Do you have anything to confess as a Mum? Or even as a Dad, or Grandparent? Let me know!