These flourless banana fudge muffins have no flour (duh), no dairy, no eggs and are gluten free, refined sugar free and absolutely delicious.
Because they have no flour, their texture is more of a fudge-like texture. Like cookie dough …
Prep Time: 5 mins | Baking Time: 20 mins
- 1 can chick peas (or white beans)
- 1/2 cup quick oats (or quinoa flakes)
- 1 medium banana (or 2-3 smaller bananas)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (any type OR almond butter / cashew butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (or extract)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Drain your can of chick peas, and discard any liquid. Then pat the chick peas (or white beans) dry to remove any bean taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor
- Blitz for one minute, then stop to scrape down the sides
- Blitz for a further minute
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven
- Let them rest on the bench for a further 20 minutes until cool (ish)
PIN ME TO SHARE THE LOVE:
The muffins may look underdone, but trust me, they’re supposed to look like that. The middle will be moist and delicious. They may sink too – that is also fine!
I’ve already made a few batches of these and was blown away.