Getting Your Baby To Sleep
I stumbled across this video on YouTube about the Weird Ways Parents Put The Baby To Sleep:
It got me thinking about the weird things I used to do to get my babies to go to sleep. More importantly, my first child. Because with my second, I had learned what worked and what didn’t. So here are the things that I did …
- Rocked them to sleep on a lazy boy chair (and then got stuck on the chair because I couldn’t get up without waking the baby up)
- Singing the Alphabet Song over, and over, and over, and over …
- Recorded my voice singing the Alphabet Song, and played it on repeat so I didn’t have to be in the room
- Shushed until my lips were numb
- Lay on the floor in the bedroom, singing and shushing
- Went on long drives during “nap time” just to make sure the baby slept
- I made a “speed bump” in the lounge, so that when I pushed the pram over it, it would “bump” and simulate a car ride / walk
- Went on LONG walks during nap time (I was at my fittest then haha)
I felt like a good part of my child’s first year was spent agonising over the fact she didn’t sleep.
My second child, has now got a Cloud B Sleep Sheep, which I put on as he goes to bed. I do this every single night and he loves it. I got mine from August Boutique.
What are the weird things you’ve done to try and get your baby to go to sleep? Let me know!