This is the most amazingly simple and delicious risotto recipe. You only need one pan (obviously), and it will only take you about 40 minutes to cook.
- 1 shallot (or 30 grams brown onion) finely diced
- 40 grams butter
- 40 grams olive oil
- 320 grams risotto rice (Arborio Rice)
- 60 mils of white wine
- 1 vegetable stock cube mixed with 50 mls of water
- 250 g fresh mushrooms (cut into slices)
- 700 mls water
- 40 grams parmesan cheese
- In a pan, add the finely diced shallot (or brown onion), the butter and the olive oil.
- Sauté over a medium-high heat for roughly 3 minutes
- Add the risotto and continue stirring together for 1 minute
- Add your Yealands Sauvignon Blanc, also continue to stir for another minute
- Reduce heat to medium, and add the vegetable stock (with water), mushrooms, water and stir for roughly 15 minutes until cooked.
- Once cooked, stir in the parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!