The Fighting Is Wearing Me Down
I have literally spent ALL WEEK keeping my two kids from ripping each other to shreds, and the fighting is wearing me down.
These are just some of the many things my kids fought about over the last week:
- If they are standing too close
- If one person is standing in a place the other doesn’t want
- If they look at each other
- If they blow a raspberry (at the other person, or just randomly)
- If someone is singing
- If someone is playing with a toy that the other one wants
- If someone THINKS the other is going to do something (even if they’re not)
- If someone says yes (about anything)
- If someone says no (about anything)
- Over what to watch on the TV
- Over what side of “the line” to stand on (I have a line of tape separating each half of the coffee table)
- Over who sits next to me at the table
- Who goes first (at anything)
- If someone walks in front of the other person
- Then there’s all the shit they do to each other ON PURPOSE ????
Basically if they breath at each other the wrong way, they fight, and I am beyond over it. They have officially pushed me to the brink.
My kids are 2.5 and 4.5 years old, so there’s only so much I can explain to them. There’s only so many times I can explain “just ignore him / her”, or “ignore means just don’t look at him, and pretend he’s not there”.
I also know that they are kids, and siblings, and are bound to fight. They also more than make up for it when they’re playing beautifully together but I can say that, without a doubt, they fight more than they do anything else. I’d almost say it was their favourite thing to do …
I just hope that all this fighting is worth it in the long run HAHA … because seriously, sometimes I want to leave the room and never come back.
Time for a wine, I think …