It’s been a while guys.
I haven’t sat down here at my computer and actually typed a proper blog in a very long time. I’m not going to promise this will be the first of many, but it is the first for a while, so I thought I’d let you know what was happening in my life.
A lot of you follow me on Instagram, which is where I share daily videos of what I’m up to.
This is the best space for you guys to stay updated if you are ever wondering.
Ok so we’re in 2020. I have an 8 year old girl and a 6 year old boy. Both of whom are at school right now, and I can tell you this coffee has never tasted better.
Even though they’re older, they still never stop saying my name – “MUM”.
In fact, they could be quiet, and when I get a cup of coffee, they’ll suddenly remember that I’m there and will bombard me with questions. Needless to say, this quiet moment alone, is being enjoyed immensly.
At the beginning of this year, I took a bit of a step back from myself (aka I had a crisis) and have made a lot of changes in my life.
- I’ve stopped drinking alcohol. Call it “sober curious” or whatever, it’s working for me and I love it.
- I have cut out caffeine; I only drink decaf now.
- I have reduced my dairy intake considerably; instead of cow’s milk I now drink almond / coconut milk.
- I wake up early most mornings and spend 5-10 minutes meditating.
- I read, I consume; I find books that are suitable for the state I’m in to help me understand how I might be feeling, and how best to move forward. At this stage I’m keeping the titles of those books to myself as they’re quite personal to my own journey, but reading has been so helpful.
- I have started exercising again. I’m not the biggest fan of exercise, but my mind is. So I do 30 minutes each morning, before the kids wake up, on a stationary bike.
- I am working hard to create healthy eating habits – my habits are horrible and are so up and down.
So yeah I know it’s only February, but I’m in the most stable place I’ve been in a long time.
I’m 37 years old guys. I have no fucking clue what I’m doing with myself or my life (does anyone?!).
But I’m always striving to be the best I can.
Whether it’s my health or my parenting.
I know I don’t have toddlers anymore, but the 6/8 year old range are bringing their own challenges.
Hope you are all doing ok out there.
Will definitely try and get writing these again. Even if it’s just once a week
PS I will definitely chat more about my journey with alcohol, but it’s very much a personal experience and I”m not really sure how to explain the whole thing haha