Slow Cooker Bolognaise
So I had 1kg of mince and zero inclination to actually do anything. So I surfed the net and found a couple of recipes that I liked and mixed them together to make this Slow Cooker Bolognaise recipe.
If you don’t have a slow cooker you can simply use a large stock pot and cook on low.
- 1 kg mince (beef or lamb)
- 3 cans chopped tomatoes (400g each)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Pepper & Me’s Man Rub (or just use any herbs/spices you want)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup beef stock
- Add everything into your crockpot / slow cooker and stir to combine
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
- If it is quite runny after this time, add 3 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon cornflour to the mix.
- Serve with spaghetti, pasta or rice.
I also had so many leftovers that I used it the next night to make a lasagne. You can also use this as pie filling, or add a bit of chilli and have it as a taco filler. Or even for nachos. It’s very versatile!