Things To Do This Summer With Your Kids
Summer is my favourite time of the year. When I think back to my childhood, I remember school holidays, feeling free, going to the beach, family bbq’s … and lots of fun.
As a larger family, we didn’t go out much because we didn’t have a lot of money. But it didn’t mean we didn’t have fun!
Now that I’m in a similar situation with my own family, I thought I’d put this list together of things you can do this summer which won’t cost a lot, but you’ll still be able to have loads of fun family time.
- Go for a walk to your local playground
- Take a day trip to a beach
- Go to a free music festival (there are usually loads on in Summer!)
- Pick strawberries
- Go out for ice cream and walk along a beach
- Fish and Chips on the beach
- Stargaze late at night
- Go for a bike ride together
- Visit family
- Wash the family car together
- Pick flowers
- Go camping
- Have a family BBQ
- Go hiking
- Go to a local pool together
- Fly a kite
- Visit your local library
- Go fishing
- Get the skipping rope out and have fun
- Go to the zoo
- Go to your local park and play soccer
- Go to a sports game
- Put the sprinkler on and run around
- Put the sprinkler under your trampoline (if you have one)
- Collect seashells
- Plant some seasonal vegetables / fruit
- Feed the ducks
- Visit a museum
- Plan a picnic
- Build a sandcastle
- Check out your local markets
- Gutterball (who remembers this!?)
- Press flowers in a book
- Watch the sunset together as a family
- Have an outdoor tea party
- Clean the house
Whatever you decide to do this summer, you don’t have to spend a lot of money doing it. Spending time with the ones you love is all that matters.
Also remember, when out in the sun, to keep yourself and your family safe by covering up.
Banana Boat have a great product to help you stay safe in the sun this summer. Their SunComfort Lotion Sunscreen is unique in that sand won’t stick to your skin, after applying it. Which is AMAZING. Nothing worse than being all sandy.
The Sunscreen itself is available in SPF 50+ lotions. It is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes, and moisturises to relieve dryness. Be sure to cover yourself up this summer and keep yourself protected.
I have a Banana Boat sunscreen prize pack valued at $50 to giveaway. Entry is as follows:
TO ENTER: All you have to do is comment on this post here!
Closes 12th February at 10pm. Normal T&C’s apply. Open to NZ residents only – sorry everyone else!
Thanks to Banana Boat for making this post possible, and keeping us covered this summer.