BABY SHOWER GIFT IDEAS
Not a parent and are stuck for baby shower gift ideas? Look no further!
I have compiled a list of super helpful and useful gifts that are perfect for the first-time parent, or the experienced mum-to-be. The majority are all under $100. Because we all know that the majority of the big ticket items are usually bought by the family.
I would have been stoked to receive any of these:
FOR THE BABY AND THE PARENTS:
- The Sleepytot – a cute rabbit that holds multiple dummies, introducing at a young age is perfect.
- The Baby Shusher – an amazing device that “shushes” your baby to sleep / relaxes them.
- Lula Doll – a gorgeous doll for both boys and girls which has a heartbeat and breathing sounds
- Fern Feeders – the original silicone feeder! A thousand times better than the mesh feeder we used …
- Feeding Fiddlers – attaches to the mother’s top and provides a distraction for the baby whilst they are feeding (can be bottle fed or breast fed).
- Miracle Blanket – a fitted wrap perfect for helping to swaddle babies.
- Muslin Wrap – your basic type of wrap perfect for a baby.
- Sleeping Bag – I swear by the sleeping bag that my kids have. It means when they roll about in their cot, they’ll still be warm. No need to worry about blankets!
- Flat Old School Nappies – these are practical on every level. They can be used as a burping cloth, wipe up spills, a mat on the ground, a nappy, the uses are endless.
- The Doidy Cup – amazing if the baby struggles with drinking from a bottle or breast.
- Hydrogel Breast Discs – perfect for the breastfeeding mum. Breastfeeding hurts, especially in the first 3 months. These gel discs were a lifesaver for me.
- Sleep Sheep – pop this sheep into the baby’s cot and introduce white noise / a lullaby at a young age.
- A Baby Blanket – the good old fashioned blanket. You can’t go wrong with this.
- Milestone Baby Cards – awesome cards with milestones that you can hold up when taking a photo and remember the moment forever.
- Baby Ink Inkless Printing Kit – taking baby’s hand or foot prints can be difficult but not with this kit!
- Teething Jewellery – something for Mum but baby can play with it too 😀
- Mum2Mum Bibs – bibs will always be useful / handy.
FOR THE PARENTS:
- Grocery Vouchers – always a winner with this one.
- A Gift Basket – for Mum
- Wine – for the parents. No explanation needed.
- Chocolate – for the Mum. She needs the energy after giving birth.
- Mum Milestone Cards – yup even we need them haha
- Netflix Voucher – you’ll be the best friend forever
AND … if you don’t have any money, one of the most amazing things you can do for a parent, is to cook them a meal. I know that was one thing we will never forget.
Some great links from places that I have personally bought from before: