Cheesy Bacon & Chicken Bake
This Cheesy Bacon & Chicken bake is easy to make, and great on a cold winter’s night. I threw everything together using one pan (apart from the pasta), and then transferred to a baking dish for the last 20 minutes.
- 500 grams Chicken Breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 can of Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups grated cheese (Tasty is best)
- 2 cups dry pasta (I used Dinosaur pasta but spirals are best)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Start the pasta cooking now, and while it’s cooking you can work on the rest. Cook it according to the directions on the packet – drain and set aside in the pot.
- In a pan, cook and break up the bacon (in it’s own fat). While bacon is cooking, cut chicken into bite-sized chunks.
- Set cooked bacon aside for later use.
- In the same pan, cook chicken in bacon fat.
- Spray a baking dish with oil
- Add the cooked chicken to the pasta
- In the already-used-pan, pour the can of condensed Cream of Chicken Soup – also add the 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water. DO NOT BOIL, just heat.
- Add the chicken soup to the chicken and pasta pot, and stir through with 1 cup of cheese
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with bacon bits.
- Top with rest of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes – just until cheese is melted and beginning to brown on top.
You can add vegetables in here, or use gluten free pasta – basically you can change it up however you want and it’s still delicious. Also this is a great way to use up already cooked chicken if you have leftovers! ENJOY!