I got sent a couple of packets of the brand new Crispy Mint M&Ms® to try, and I wanted to actually make something with them. I often see amazing creations on Pinterest, so I tried a couple of things. This one the kids LOVED, and so did my husband.
Peppermint is one of my FAVOURITE flavours with chocolate, but it’s not my husband’s. So I put the recipe together, made it and used him as my guinea pig. The verdict was “it’s like a rocky road but with a hint of peppermint”. THAT’S A WIN!
These Chocolate Marshmallow bites only take five minutes to whip up. GET TO IT NOW!
1 x block (or packet) of dark chocolate broken into pieces
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup mini marshmallows
Crispy Mint M&Ms®
– In a pot on the stove, add the dark chocolate and coconut oil together.
– Heat over a low-medium heat ensuring NO water gets inside.
– Once it starts melting, stir with a wooden spoon until completely melted and combined.
– Remove from heat and add the coconut and marshmallows.
– Spoon tablespoons full into mini cupcake holders.
– Top with Crispy Mint M&Ms®.
– Put in the fridge, and allow to set.
I used Dark Chocolate Melts, but have used Whittakers Chocolate in the past. The coconut oil is to help thin out the chocolate, but also gives it a wonderful taste similar to Chocolate Crackle.
You can also set this in a baking tray (rather than in cupcake wrappers) and later on break it up into pieces.