We LOVE eating corn fritters, but we love CHUNKY corn fritters. More corn, less bready. Since I have had trouble in the past making sure I got the right combination to make that perfect fritter, I asked a fellow Mum to help,
So this recipe is actually a collaboration between myself and Lisa Hays’ (from Hanging With The Hays) Mum … weird I know but I needed a little help with a recipe so we reached out to her. I’d love to take full credit for it but it’s definitely not all mine! Thank you so much Heather!!
I changed it up a bit so that it uses NO egg. Instead of egg, I use mayo (I used Best Foods Mayo because it’s my FAVOURITE). This helps to bind the ingredients and add an additional flavour and creamy texture.
- 1 x can of creamed corn
- 2 x can of corn kernels (well drained)
- 1/2 cup of chopped ham
- 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley
- 1 cup mayo (we use Best Foods Mayo)
- 1.5 cups of self raising flour (or gluten free self raising flour)
- Salt & Pepper to taste (add some Pepper & Me Man Grind instead for an extra treat!)
- Butter / oil for frying
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Add the corn (all of it), ham, parsley, egg, mayo, flour and seasoning together in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Over a medium-high heat, add your butter / oil, and fry heaped tablespoons of batter (slightly flatten with the back of the tablespoon, and round the edges).
- Once nicely browned on each side (around 3 mins per side), add to a baking tray and bake in the oven until they’re fully cooked through (roughly 10-15 minutes).
Serve with salsa, sour cream, sweet chilli sauce or ANYTHING that you’d like to add.