Ever wonder what to do with leftover crusts? Or perhaps you’re sick of throwing crusts out, or to the birds. Well have no fear – because you can do something truly wonderful with them. You can make Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks! Simply keep your leftover crusts in the fridge (or even in the freezer), in a bag, and then get out when you want to use.
- 40 crusts (that’s 10 pieces of bread)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees
- In a large enough bowl, add the crusts and the melted butter
- Ensure the crusts are FULLY coated in the butter. If they’re not, then melt some more until they’re coated properly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the white sugar and the cinnamon.
- Add the cinnamon/sugar mix to the buttery crusts, and mix thoroughly to ensure the crusts are coated.
- Spread the coated crusts onto a lined baking tray
- Ensure they’re flat and not all on top of each other – you may have to do two trays if they don’t all fit on the same one.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool and then serve with your favourite sauce – could be chocolate sauce, maple syrup, whipped cream or just plain!