This one-pan Creamy Chicken & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta is a perfectly acceptable Friday night meal. Instead of cream, I’ve used some Tatua Creme Fraiche that I was gifted and felt it would go perfectly with this dish.
*If you’re cooking gluten free, add an extra 50 mls of hot water to account for the gluten free pasta.
- 1 x medium brown onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 100 grams sun-dried tomatoes (diced)
- 30 grams butter
- 500 grams skinless chicken breast (cut into 3cm pieces)
- 200 grams Tatua Creme Fraiche
- 350 grams water*
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 250 grams penne pasta*
- In a pan, add the onion, garlic, parsley, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and butter, and cook over a medium to high heat for roughly 4-5 minutes.
- Still over a medium to high heat, add the chicken, Tatua Creme Fraiche, water, wine and chicken stock cube and cook for 10 minutes – stirring regularly.
- Add your pasta and continue cooking over the medium-high heat for 10 minutes (or pasta is al dente)
- Garnish with extra basil if wanted.
Thanks so much to Tatua for sending me the Creme Fraiche to cook with – we love it in our household!