CHECK IT OUT!
GLUTEN FREE SCONES
I had a craving for gluten free scones this morning, but felt too lazy to make them. So I threw a couple of ingredients together and holy toledo Batman, they were amazing. Nothing special, but if you feel like scones (sweet or savoury) then this recipe is a great base recipe.
All you have to do is ensure ALL of your ingredients are gluten free. This can also be made as regular scones, just use regular self raising flour.
1 1/2 cup gluten free self raising flour (I used Edmond’s)
50 grams butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons sugar (optional for sweet scones)
Preheat your oven to 200°Celsius
1. In a food processor put the flour, butter, salt (and sugar if you’re having sweet scones)
2. Pulse until the butter is completely mixed with the flour, and the mix resembles bread crumbs
3. Add any additional ingredients (cheese, raisins, etc)
4. Pour the milk in and mix until combined
5. Tip out onto a floured surface, and knead for a couple of minutes
6. Roll or push out into roughly a 2.5 cm thick square
7. Cut into squares or circles and place on a lined baking tray
8. Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk
9. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes
Serve with jam, cream, butter, chutney and anything else that makes scones taste amazing.