I have come across the ultimate tip when it comes to surviving a trip to the supermarket with kids …
A trip to the supermarket, with kids, is like something out of a horror movie. Hands everywhere, screaming, questions, tantrums … the constant “can I have this?” …
It’s enough to drive anyone insane, and scar you for life; making you never want to go again.
I learned early on that even if you prepare down to the smallest detail, things can still go wrong.
- I have given my kids food before we go: they’ll still yell that they’re hungry
- I will offer them bribes to not scream and yell: doesn’t work
- I put one in the trolley, and one walks: they still fight
- I threaten to leave the supermarket and get nothing: doesn’t work (plus I actually need to be there so it’s an idle threat HA!)
- When the child in the trolley asks to get down and promises he’ll be good: NEVER LISTEN
- Children running around a supermarket is like a scene from Jumanji. Don’t do it.
So I have come across the best tip ever on how to survive a trip to the supermarket with kids.
It’s one I have discovered after considerable pain and suffering and I highly recommend you start practicing this now:
DON’T TAKE THE KIDS.
Genius right? Like why didn’t I think of this earlier!