Since starting on my Keto journey, I’ve had to be creative in the way I eat my food – especially when it comes to takeaways. I can usually work my way around it, for the most part, but with things like Pizza it is a bit of a struggle. Until I discovered the low carb pizza base – or Meatza. It’s exactly what it says – it’s a meat pizza. So instead of your traditional floury base, you use ground meat.
The idea is you get your minced meat (whether it’s chicken mince, pork mince, beef mince, etc), add in seasoning, maybe some baby spinach and then mix it together. Then you flatten in it out and bake it in the oven. THEN you add your toppings and it seriously makes one delicious pizza.
I have written down regular ingredients but highly recommend the Pepper & Me Man Grind (instead of salt & pepper), Italian Stallion (instead of Italian Herbs) and Get Lit BBQ Sauce.
- 200 grams minced meat (I love using chicken mince, but you can use beef, pork or even lamb mince if you want)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together
- Press the mince mixture onto the lined baking tray, into a thin even layer
- Bake in the oven for 20minutes
- Remove from the oven and top with toppings (I use Pepper & Me BBQ Sauce, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and cheese. But you can add bacon, more chicken, cream cheese or ANYTHING)
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted