We’re all about meal planning in this house, and my husband has taken the reigns. My one pre-requisite is that it’s “EASY TO MAKE”, and he came across this recipe, which I’ve modified slightly to suit our needs.
- 2 large carrots – thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes – peeled and cut into 5cm cubes
- 1 small courgette – cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicums – deseeded, cut into chunks
- 1 head broccoli – roughly chopped
- 400 grams sausages (any flavour you want) – sliced into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons italian herbs (or Pepper & Me Italian Stallion)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper (or tin foil).
- If you have got pre-cooked sausages, then you don’t need to do this next part. This is only for uncooked sausages: get a large pot, fill with water, and bring to the boil. Once boiled, add your uncooked sausages and gently boil for 10 minutes until the meat is cooked. This makes it easier to cut up. After 10 minutes, drain the water and slice the sausages as per above.
- Prepare your vegetables and sausages as per the ingredients list above and add to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add your seasoning ingredients and mix well.
- Add the seasoning to the vegetables and stir well to coat.
- Pour your seasoned vegetables and sausage mix onto your prepared tray, and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, remove and turn the veggies / sausages over. Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes – or until everything is cooked / crispy.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!