This No-Knead Bread recipe is by far the easiest way to make bread. PLUS you only need 3 ingredients!
As we are in self-isolation at the moment due to Covid-19, we want to stay home as much as we can. So while my husband was watching one of his favourite YouTubers (Glen & Friends), he realised there was a video on there showing people how to make No-Knead Bread.
So Phil made it, and it turned out PERFECT. In fact, we have made it several times since then.
We have a dutch oven (which is a cast iron pot), and this is what you’ll need – either that or a heavy pot with a lid that can go in the oven.
I thought I’d share this recipe with you as I have had so many questions from people as to what it is. I reached out to Glen (from Glen & Friends / LeGourmetTV) and asked if I could write out the recipe and include his video – and he said yes.
- 3½ cups (875 grams) of all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp (7 grams) of coarse salt
- ½ tsp (2 grams) of instant yeast**
- 1¾ cups+ (450 mL+) of cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and yeast.
- Add the water and mix with a fork until the flour is moistened, and forms a ragged dough mass.
- Cover and let rest 8 to 12 hours on the counter at room temp.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (450°F).
- Place a Dutch oven or heavy pot with a lid in the oven to preheat.
- An hour before baking; fold the dough in on itself 6 – 12 times.
- Grab the edge, pull up and fold over; turn the bowl a bit and then repeat.
- Sprinkle a little flour in a second bowl, transfer the dough and coat with flour. Re-cover and let rest for about 45 minutes.
- Drop the dough into the preheated Dutch oven, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook for another 20 – 30 minutes.
- Bread is cooked when internal temp reaches 190ºF.
Check out Glen & Friends video on how to make here:
For us, we cooked the bread at 220°C in oven for 30 minutes using fan bake. Then we removed the lid and cooked further for 30 minutes.