Because it’s 100% not mine, I had to check first with the Bargain Box team to make sure it was ok – and they said YES!
So here’s one of the night’s recipes from the Bargain Box that I got sent. I made this gluten free by using gluten free products (I will use an * to indicate which ones were gluten free). I have made this recipe THREE times now and will make it many more:
Pork & Vegetables
500 grams pork mince
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
2 spring onions (white part only, thinly slice, keep green part)
1/2 cabbage, thinly sliced
2 carrots, grated
300 grams dried rice-stick noodles*
3 tablespoons soy sauce*
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce*
60 grams peanut butter*
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Rest of spring onion, green part, thinly sliced
* indicates where you need to use gluten-free products
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
2. Heat a little oil in a large fry-pan or wok, on a high heat. Cook pork, garlic and ginger for about 5-6 minutes – until the mince is browned and cooked through. Use a wooden spoon to break the mince up, and once cooked, set aside in a large bowl.
3. While the pork is cooking, place the noodles in the pot of boiling water. Stir well to separate the noodle strands. Then cover and TURN OFF the heat. Let it sit for about 7 minutes – stir occasionally. Once cooked, drain well, toss with a little oil and set aside.
4. Reheat the pan to high, add a little oil, and then stir-fry the spring onions (white part only), cabbage and carrots for 1 minute. Set aside in a bowl.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the stir-fry sauce ingredients until smooth.
6. Again, re-heat your pan (the same one you used to stir-fry the vegetables) over a medium heat. Add the stir-fry sauce, and cooked noodles. Cook together for about one minute to coat the noodles in the sauce. Return the pork, and vegetables to the pan and toss until heated through (about 1 minute).
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with the green part of the spring onion.