In a world full of people telling us what to do as parents, I’m here to tell you that it’s ok.
As a parent, every man and his dog will tell you what they think is right, and wrong, and it can sometimes be very confusing. So I’m here to say a few things that us mums shouldn’t feel bad about…
- Not connecting with your baby right away
- Your body post baby
- Rocking your baby to sleep
- Wearing active-wear all day
- Checking social media instead of watching your kids 24/7
- Having a nap during the day, not because you need to but because you just want to
- Being a little over-protective
- Having post-natal depression
- Not wanting to have sex, ever again
- Formula feeding, breast feeding, WHATEVER feeding
- Not wanting to be a stay-at-home-mum
- Looking forward to going back to work
- Having to go back to work
- Putting your child into Daycare
- Worrying about your kids
- Can’t help out on school trips
- Not having a clue as to what you’re doing in this crazy parenting gig.
Obviously there are TONNES of other things that you should definitely not feel bad about as a parent; but ultimately I want you to know that it doesn’t matter what you do – we are all trying to raise healthy, loving, accepting, and kind human beings.
Don’t sweat the small stuff on the way to achieving this <3