You Don’t Do WHAT?!
Here’s a list of things I do and don’t do as a parent:
- I don’t wash my kids’ pyjamas every day
- I sometimes feed them McDonald’s or other takeaways
- I don’t cut my kids’ grapes or cherry tomatoes in half anymore (only if they’re ABSOLUTELY hugemongus) – because they’re old enough now
- I give my kids cocktail sausages
- I don’t wash my kids’ hair every night (or every second night … or third for that matter)
- I let my kids watch devices before they go to bed
- I sometimes play on my phone in the toilet instead of going to the toilet
- I give my kids jam sandwiches
- I don’t give my kids wholegrain bread; just plain white nutrition-less bread
- I vaccinated my children (GASP: let’s not start down that track … but it is the truth)
- I let my young children jump in the Jolly Jumper
- I didn’t co-sleep
- I breastfed
- I bottlefed
- I don’t vacuum every day
- I don’t give the kids juice (just water, unless it’s with McD’s)
- I got an epidural during BOTH births
- I used to hide pieces of meat in my kid’s macaroni, so they would actually eat it
- If my kids don’t want to eat something I’ve made, they have to try it at least TWICE before I’ll say “ok”
- I ask my kids to clean up before moving on to the next activity
- I yell at my kids (I’m not proud of it, but it happens)
- My go to “snack” for my kids, is an apple
- I don’t care if my kids see me drink a glass of wine
- I sometimes put store-bought biscuits into my kids lunches, as a treat every now-and-then
Whether you do or don’t do any of the above is none of my business: I don’t care either way. My decisions and choices are not up for debate, and neither are yours.
It is not my place to tell you how to live your life, and I have full faith in you that if you are unsure of what to do, you will research it (whatever it is).
If I ever write *GASP* I don’t wash my kids’ pyjamas every day; just read it and don’t take it personally. Have a giggle. I am in no way having a go at anyone. I’m simply saying I don’t do it. And in all likelihood, the reason I don’t do something is because I’m lazy.
I would never intend to offend anyone with my words.
I am not a nutritionist, or a health professional. I am a professional idiot and still-new Mother (5 years hardly counts as “professional” haha) so all I can offer you are my opinions and experience. Nothing I say is gospel. I am not preaching or telling you guys what to do: I am simply sharing myself.
You take what you want from what I say: read, watch, listen; and then you do with that information as you please.
Again, I have to trust that you as a parent are able to make decisions for yourself. If I didn’t trust that, then I would be running a Parenting News site sharing all of the important information you should know.
If you ever need any advice: Google it, research it, chat to your GP, chat to your friends or a professional in the area you require … and do exactly what you should be doing with me: taking it all in and deciding for yourself.