Slow Cooker Beef & Potato Stew
This is an amazing recipe that I’ve tailored to suit our needs. It’s basic, and you can simply throw everything in the slow cooker – NO PRE COOKING!
If you want to add any extra veggies (mushroom, capsicum, etc etc) then feel free to do so, this is just the base recipe that worked for us.
- 500 grams diced beef (chuck steak is the best)
- 1 onion, chipped
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 medium/large potatoes, peeled and diced into 3cm pieces
- 2 large carrots
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- Squirt of tomato sauce
- 1 TBSP Pepper & Me Man Rub (or 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon italian herbs)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 TBSP corn flour + 2 TBSP water (to thicken later if necessary)
Put all ingredients (apart from the cornflour and water) into the slow cooker. Stir until combined and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
If the meal is quite runny after this time, use the cornflour and water as stated above to thicken it up.
Serve with mashed potato, rice, fresh bread or on it’s own.