These apricot balls are a variation on my ORIGINAL Apricot Balls recipe. At the time I was trying to perfect my Grandmother’s recipe, but didn’t quite get it right, which is what this biscuit version is. The original Apricot Balls recipe on my website, is from my Grandmother’s cook book.
Note: I have Coeliac Disease so made sure my biscuits were gluten free. In fact I used GF Shortbread.
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 80g butter, softened
- 1 x 250g packet plain biscuits (super wine, arrowroot, shortbread etc)
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut + extra for coating
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor (or crush with a rolling pin).
- Get out a sauce pan and add the butter and condensed milk. Heat over low, remembering to stir, until everything is melted and combined together.
- Combine the melted ingredients the biscuits and 1/4 cup of coconut together.
- Finally add the apricots and mix well.
- Roll into small balls and then roll in the remaining coconut.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until set.