Carrot Cake is my favourite type of cake – not only because of the flavour, or the cream cheese icing, but because it’s easy to make it gluten free.
Imagine my delight when I found a bliss ball recipe on the Thermomix website which comes close to eating the carrot cake AND is gluten free …
This can be made in a Thermomix or using a food processor.
- 70 g pecans
- 60 g walnuts
- 50 g desiccated coconut, plus extra for coating
- 75 g pitted dates
- 80 g carrot, cut into pieces
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blitz together,
- Add a bit of extra coconut to an additional plate, and set aside.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls (makes approximately 10 balls).
- Roll the balls in coconut to coat
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to set before serving.