Confessions of a Mum (Part 2)
Being a parent has it’s challenges; and sometimes when it’s particularly challenging I can do some weird stuff. Or at least the house rules go out the window.
Here are some more confessions I have:
- Sometimes I sneak into my kids rooms early in the morning, and change their Sleep Training Clocks to a different time, in the hopes they will sleep longer.
- Sometimes I wear the same clothes two days in a row
- My car is usually a complete mess
- I tried the “cry it out” method and failed miserably. Almost an hour of crying and it broke me.
- My kids eat Nutella
- I get bored with imaginery play
- Twice I’ve forgotten to buckle Chloe into her carseat and SHE has said “Mum you forgot to put my belt on”. Bless her.
- I look forward to the days when the kids are at school / kindy at the same time
- I worry all the time about the world my children are growing up in
- I wake up early to have time to myself before my kids wake up
- I give my kids Kinder Surprise Eggs as a treat
- Most weeks I don’t put the clean clothes away – I just let them sit in the laundry basket
- I don’t wash my kids PJs every day (or every second day)
- I don’t “make” the kids’ beds the traditional way – I actually pull back the sheets each morning to air the bed out
- When my kids were screaming at each other, I turned around and screamed at them (like literally screamed because that’s what they were doing) and it gave them such a fright that they never did it again
- I don’t vacuum the house every day
- The two second rule (about food on the floor) has been extended to five minutes before
- Sometimes to get out of the house (without actually piling into the car) we walk to the dairy and get a treat
- Spaghetti on toast has been dinner a few times
- When Phil (my husband) goes away, sometimes I let the kids sleep in my bed so I’m not so lonely
- We use white bread
- Sometimes I buy toys for my kids but really they’re for me to play with
- My kids have never watched the Wiggles
- I did not enjoy the newborn phase of my children’s life – I much prefer the infant / toddler
- Even though I have a whole section on Activities For Kids, I dislike doing activities with my kids. Specifically play dough …
- I banned my children from watching Horrid Henry on YouTube because his horrible antics (whilst funny) were encouraging them to behave negatively.
- When my kids aren’t looking, sometimes I throw out toys that annoy me
To check out Part 1 of my Confessions of a Mum, click here.
Do you have a confession to make?