Facebook’s algorithm can make it difficult to be seen, so I run Fan of the Week to encourage engagement on my page. Offering an incentive to come and check my page is something I’ve done since I first started Happy Mum Happy Child.
It sounds ridiculous that this kind of thing needs rules, but after the last round of fan of the week it became apparent a few ground rules need to be put in place.
Fan of the Week is calculated through an app that runs in the background and counts every comment, like and share.
- People from New Zealand and Australia will eligible for this, however if someone from another country does win and I can ship the prize to them (i.e. if it’s not a voucher), then they will be eligible as well.
- You will need to have liked Happy Mum Happy Child on Facebook to be eligible (only fair right?!)
- All you need to do to for your points to be counted is comment, like and share on the posts of the current week.
- If you are caught going back weeks / months in advance and liking / commenting / sharing, you will not be eligible.
- Once a winner is picked, that person isn’t eligible to win for another four weeks. After this time they will be eligible again to win.
- The winner will be announced on my Facebook page and at that time the points will be reset for the new week.
It is really obvious when people go and like posts from weeks / months ago, so if your points show you have been doing that (which I can see), then you won’t be eligible.
Again, the whole point behind Fan of the Week is to reward you guys for engaging with my CURRENT posts. Facebook really does make it hard for us – regardless if I have large numbers.
I truly appreciate every little thing you guys do for me.