This recipe is made gluten free (assuming correctly that Jaffa Lumps are gluten free), but you can make it a regular one by simply using regular flour.
AND if you don’t like Jaffa Lumps you can just take them out and it’ll be a cheesecake brownie. DROOL.
- 100 grams butter, chopped
- 150 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup almond meal (or plain flour)
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour (regular or gluten free)
- 250 grams cream cheese, softened
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 250 mls cream
- 1 packet Jaffa Lumps (frozen – makes it easier to blitz / crush up)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a cake / slice pan
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a pot on the stove
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and caster sugar and whip until smooth
- Gradually stir in the chocolate mixture and almond meal / flour
- Pour the mixture into your lined pan, and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture feels firm to touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan
- Whip your cream and icing sugar together and place in the fridge until you need it again
- Using an egg beater, beat the cream cheese until soft, add lemon and beat for a further 30 seconds
- Carefully mix your whipped cream and cream cheese mix together
- At this point you can either pour the mixture onto the top of the cooled base (to have a plain cheesecake), or proceed with the Jaffa Lumps part …
- Blitz a pack of frozen Jaffa Lumps in a food processor and then carefully mix 3/4 into your cheesecake filling
- Pour the filling onto the top of the cooled base and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- You can use the leftover pieces of Jaffa Lumps to top the cheesecake, or you can simply eat yourself OM NOM NOM …
PIN ME & SHARE THE LOVE: