Before I launch into this recipe, I must give full credit to Sarah Barnes from Taming Twins for creating the original recipe and inspiring me to make my own version of it. The base of the recipe is the same as any no-bake cheesecake – biscuit / butter base, plus a cream cheese and whipped cream filling.
- 250g Gingernuts or SuperWine biscuits (choose one – or any biscuit of your choice)
- 120g melted Butter
- 450mls whipped cream (plus an extra 50mls for decorating)
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 x 250g tubs of cream cheese
- 6 packs of Cadbury Mini Eggs (the 125g packs)
- Half a lemon (juiced)
- Crush the biscuits until they’re fine – either with a rolling pin or using a food processor
- Combine the crushed biscuits and the melted butter, and press into your prepared springform tin.
- Chop up 5 packs of the Mini Eggs in half, and set aside.
- Whip your cream and icing sugar together, and place in fridge.
- Whip your cream cheese in a separate bowl, and then add in the whipped cream, lemon juice and chopped Mini Eggs to it. Fold together gently until combined.
- Tip onto the top of your biscuit base, and using the back of a spoon (or a spatula), smooth out.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Once completely chilled, remove the cheesecake from the springform tin.
- Put a dollop of the remaining whipped cream onto the top, and decorate with the remaining Mini Eggs.
PIN ME & SHARE THE LOVE: